Orkut tricks :
Hide orkut photo albums from your friends(Latest)
f you think that you have only two album sharing options –
“share photos with friends“, “share with everyone” with your Orkut photo albums, you are wrong.
You can move a step ahead to restrict anyone including your friends from viewing your photos.
This will act like your private photo storage space on Orkut, lolz. All you have to do is some basic album properties configuration and that’s it.
None of your friends or anyone will be able to see photos from your albums.
To hide Orkut photo albums from your friends, follow these below steps.
1. Login to your Orkut profile.
2. From your profile, navigate to Settings >> Privacy >> Scroll down below to find album settings.
3. If you have many photo albums and want to hide few ones only, click on the drop down menu next to Albums and select “Choose per album” option.
4. Now from the below albums list, select one album and click on Edit link associated with that album.
5. A new window will pop up asking you to select photo sharing permissions for that album.
6. Delete all friends, groups, contacts from the right hand side menu and make it accessible by no one.
7. You are done.
You can repeat step 4 and 5 to hide more photo albums from your friends.
This will not delete any of your photos or albums, they will remain safe.
It’s just that no one can see those photos.
And yes, you will be having access to those photos and can change the settings to allow friends or anyone to view your album photos again by following above steps.
View enlarged photos:
By default Orkut shows a fixed sized image to all it’s users.
Few times they are not visible well.
And also, if you want to save a image, you will be able to download that scaled image.
So, you need to enlarge orkut photos to see it either in a better quality or to save it.
They will be more sharp and clear. Now either view them or save them, it all depends on YOU!
Find girl friend in your city(Lovers spcl):
/font> This is simlpe but huge responded trick!!!
Find girls of your city in orkut very easily.
Generally, when you search 'Female' and 'Your city name' then you also get some useless results.
But with this trick, no useless results!!
Just change your STATE name to your CITY name. then search .
You will get more accurate results.
Go ahead lovers!!!!!!
View any locked scrapbook(Latest):
Here is a trick to see locked scrapbook.
Just open the page that says 'This scrapbook is locked' or anything like that.
Then type following script into URL bar of your browser.
Check whether your emails has been read or not :
Have you ever wondered, why you are not getting any reply to your mails?
Maybe the friend to whom you sent the mail did not even bother to open it or maybe it never reached the recipient. How will you know?
How to find out if your email has been read?
If you have ever been anxious to know if an important mail sent by you has been read by the recipient or not, then here is the perfect tool for you. SpyPig will send you an email as soon as the recipient opens and reads your message.
There are many ways you can benefit from SpyPig.Check out whether your job application reached it’s target, or if the classified you responded to on Craiglist was read by its owner
This online tool works with almost all modern email programs: Outlook, Eudora, Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, AOL and many others.
Safely browse web in anonymous way :
It's very annoying when Governments and school/office administrations decide on their own what is right to view on the cyberspace and what is not. This is a free world. Let us decide that for ourselves.
Ok, I know, enough o this crap. Here's the good stuff. Presenting, Freegate, a software that will help you surf all that is blocked. I found this software when I had to surf orkut ( which by the way my country thinks is a source of immorality and is hence blocked), and used the anonymous web surfing software that I usually use. But for some weird reason , it doesn't work anymore at my place. So, presenting Freegate, that will join our elite league of anonymous Web surfing software. Surf blocked sites, without any pain..
Speed up your broad band speed :
1) Goto http://www.testmy.net/ and click on Download Speed Test, and then on Smart Test....(and while conducting this test, don't forget to close all Instant Messagers, and there should be no other web activity, other than the test)
2) Note down the speeds. Now, lets see, what all changes to be made..... This tip is designed for increased BROADBAND speed in Windows XP while using standard Network Interface cards (NIC) that are connected to ADSL modems, or when using any directly-connected USB ADSL modem. To speed up the Internet connection speed we need to configure a special buffer in the computer's memory in order to enable it to better deal with interrupts made from the NIC or the USB modem. This tip is only recommended if you have 256MB RAM or higher.
Step #1 - Identify the IRQ used by the NIC/USB modem
1. Open the System Information tool by running MSINFO32.EXE from the Run command.
2. Expand System Summary > Hardware Resources > IRQs.
3. Look for the listing made for your NIC (in my case - a Intel® PRO/100+ Management Adapter). Note the IRQ next to the specified line (in my case - IRQ21).
In case of USB modems you will first need to find the right USB device used by your modem. Follow these steps:
1. Open the Device Manager tool by running DEVMGMT.MSC from the Run command (or by right-clicking My Computer > Hardware tab > Device Manager button).
2. Scroll down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and expand it.
3. Right-click the USB Root Hub and select Properties. Note that you might need to do so for all listed USB Root hubs (if there are more than one) in order to find the right one.
4. In the Power tab, look for your USB ADSL modem.
5. In the Resources tab look for the assigned IRQ (in this case - IRQ21).
6. This is the IRQ we're looking for.
Note: IRQs and modem names might vary...
Step #2 - Modify the system.ini file
1. Run SYSEDIT.EXE from the Run command.
2. Expand the system.ini file window.
3. Scroll down almost to the end of the file till you find a line called [386enh].
4. Press Enter to make one blank line, and in that line type IRQX=4096 where X is the designated IRQ number we found in step #1, in my case it's IRQ21.
Note: This line IS CASE SENSITIVE!!!
5. Click on the File menu, then choose Save.
6. Close SYSEDIT and reboot your computer. Done.
Speed improvement will be noticed after the computer rebots.